Sunday, February 20, 2011

Revelation- I Once Witnessed Another Side of Love....



For those who are waiting to experience love again...

Confession: I know that I’m not the first person in life to get hurt in a relationship, and yet when I’ve been a victim of loves wrath, I hurt so much that I nursed that hurt until it bruised me.  That pain I felt eventually became an embedment of my soul, and I promised myself that I would never love that way again. 

Oh yes, I have felt the wrath of love, and it hurt, but I know now, just as I am sure about the name that my parents gave me, that love was not put on this earth to be my adversary.  I've come to realize that in a time when pain is experienced in love, it can often be prolonged due to denial, blindness and self infliction.  It took me a long time to realize that love bestowed upon me the presentation I allowed it to display.  I couldn’t identify the loving nature of its substance because I wasn’t truly open to receiving it.  Love descended upon me at a time when I wasn’t really sure how to love myself, so in return I latched on to the obliteration of what I wanted love to be. 

If I could do it all again I would allow love to greet me just the same, but this time I would not be wearing the rose colored glasses.  Though seemingly painful, I would face all of its colors head on even if fear of pain from the boldness of its colors injured me.  I wouldn’t be swaddled in a blanket of naïve like I was the first time; instead I would welcome love with an unsheltered voice of assurance and maturity.  This time we would both be exposed to the truths of one another; I would see its flaws if not clearer than it would see mine, and I would never boast about handling it’s fury for I would be wiser in responsibility. 

Yes it’s true, when I think of love obviously not all the best memories come to mind, but that’s ok because not everything in life is supposed to be flawless.  I’ve learned that Love is a gift, and if abused can translate a sadness.  Not just a sadness of pain, but a sadness of an unspoken truth.  Love is meant to be shared equally, and if no balance is maintained it can feel heavy, appear tainted.  Love is a powerful thing, and as we embrace it in adulthood it must first be trained and felt from within; it does not work if you don’t trust it on you. Yes, sometimes love hurts, but not always does it have to.  I once witnessed a different side of love, one I never thought existed, but today I love again….and eventually you will to.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this Bernie...powerful words of inspiration.

Unknown said...

Love it

Unknown said...

wow very deep and inspirational. i love this

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...