Friday, February 25, 2011

Music Is My Therapy "Feel This"


I love this song, and I wanted to share it with you all. I first heard it while watching an episode of One Tree Hill (which is one of my favorite shows by the way), and it just stuck with me.  Music is my platform.  It’s my self approved version of therapy simply because of the way it soothes me.  No matter how many times I’m captured by the rhythm and beat of a song, there’s nothing like the feeling of falling in love with it all over again through the lyrics; trying to distinguish the undertone of the Artist and comprehend the meaning behind the words.   I know that we all interpret things in our own way, but when I hear this song I literally get the feeling of someone coming back to life—emotionally. It’s like the feeling you get when you know you’re ready to overcome a strong sadness, but you’re still kind of weary; insecure; unsure.  It’s like putting your heart on the line, giving the best of whatever you have left, but not knowing what the outcome will be.  It’s a battle of the self, nothing left to give but yet seemingly you know through all the fear there is a hope of reassurance that whispers to you. 


Today I feel exactly the way the lyrics describe…
feel this, can you feel this…my heart beating out of my chest”
“Feel this, can you feel this…salvation under my breath….”
...."let go and believe"

Among my feelings, emotions are: excitement, nervousness,  anxiety and fear of failing, BUT knowing I have the salvation of peace of mind that I'm working towards something.  I want to let go of the fear, and believe in me.  Stay inspired ladies.
   
Hope you all enjoy the song!

P.S. Don't forget about the IFTL "SPOIL YOURSELF PINK" FREE GIVEAWAY!!!

Have a GREAT weekend!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...