Friday, February 4, 2011

Flirting With A Different Fragrance


Ladies, it’s Friday and the weekend bells are chiming.   It’s also Super Bowl weekend, and as the infamous Sunday approaches I can hear the streets buzzing around me….almost everyone I know is going to a Super Bowl party (but me…lol).  If I do attend one, trust me it’s solely  for socializing purposes—catching up with friends and hanging out—because I don’t have a clue when it comes to football.  Ladies, all this excitement has me thinking about the way we run around when we're getting ready to go out.  In preparing for an event, (not just the super bowl) but any get together or function, I know as women we tend to obsess over looking good and feeling good, but seldom about smelling good; I think that’s because we are already confident in that department, because most of us are loyal to our fragrances- we find what works and keep it.  A good number of us are repeat offenders of continuously buying the same perfume, and I’m guessing it’s cause we've been infected by the “why fix it if it’s not broken?” syndrome.  Well I say, you can be cured just by changing it up a little or a lot, whatever the choice, trust me you’ll adore the concept.  Don't get me wrong ladies, there's nothing wrong with routine, but there's nothing wrong with being open to a change in sequence either...surprise yourself, you may like it.

Confession: I am a repeat offender of continuously purchasing Vera Wang Signature.

Yes I own multiple perfumes that I do dabble in from time to time, but my go to  fragrance, my everyday “spritz spritz” before I go anywhere is confined in a Vera Wang Signature perfume bottle.  It just goes with me.  Of course, I've received multiple compliments, especially in the beginning, and it's definitely an awesome choice, but recently I had the urge to change things up a bit (it has been a few years).  My sister introduced me to Mark Jacobs: Lola and just like that...I was hooked.  I still love my VWS, but now a days I’m venturing out and treating myself to different perfumes, and flirting with different fragrances.  The delicate scent of perfection is what I strive for.  I love it when I walk into a room and know that the scent of my perfume, even though it's light, will linger after I’m gone.  I'm all about lasting impressions, and trust me the beauty of your frgrance says a lot.  Ladies, If you want to try something new, here are some that I’ve been spoiled by: (I also snuck in a few colognes that I love to smell on a man….hey it’s Super Bowl Weekend, and they'll be all over the place…why not?!) 

Keep it light, but make it memorable :
  I AM LOVE-SICK OVER.....
(all images below via)

FOR HER:
Vera Wang Signature





Marc Jabos: Lola



Juicy Couture: Viva La Juicy


Chance by Chanel



Dolce & Gabbana: Light Blue

Organza by Givenchy
(a favorite of my moms, but always does the trick)




FOR  MEN
Sean Jean: I Am King & Unforgiveable


Marc Jacobs: MEN






Burberry Touch



BLEU by Chanel






Le Male by Jean Paul Gaultier
(I don't really love this on MY man, just on my favorite guy...my dad)


Enjoy your weekend festivities ladies! :-)

PS- If you have a suggestion for a fragrance that I may like, please leave me a comment or feel free to email me


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...