Thursday, February 17, 2011

Don't Allow The Lines To Get Blurred



I don’t think there is a limit to how many goals a person can set out to accomplish within a year; however, I do know that goals that are outlined need to be as specific as possible and realistic.  I realized in the past two weeks that I have been bouncing from project to project, and although I am completing the tasks, I am also giving myself a headache.  This is not a race; this is the process of improving of my life.  With that being said, I have decided to finally put pen to paper (which is probably what I should have done to begin with) and outline my 2011 goals.

Confession:  I am absolutely sure that the reason I never wrote any of my goals down this year was due to fear that I wouldn’t be able to get them all accomplished.  I’m guilty of self manipulation of the psyche—if there’s no physical proof as to what goal was expected, then I can’t really be held accountable if never attained. But in the end the only person I’m deceiving is myself.

images via

Ladies, sometimes we have so much going on in our lives, but we want the perception to be that we can handle it all.  Honestly, keeping up the façade in itself is a large cause of the exhaustion we feel.  Nobody can do it all.  It’s ok if things aren’t working out as planned, in this instance we learn to improvise.  It is not uncommon for you to accomplish #5 on your list before #1 the point is you accomplished something.  I’m writing my goals down, and whatever I don’t make happen this year, I’ll continue with next year.  It’s your life ladies make it work out to equal the best version of you.


Wish me Luck…my mind is on overdrive these days; hopefully the list will alleviate some anxiety.



Hope you all have a GREAT day!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...