Thursday, February 24, 2011

Exposed by a Six Year Old...

 


Lately I have been very lazy when it comes to cooking, well to be honest I just flat out dispise cooking these days, and it's been about two weeks and I can't get back into the flow of things.  Give me the shortest route to a meal and I'll take it, and now to make matters worse my laziness has been exposed by my son.  Yesterday I grilled burgers for dinner, nothing else just burgers on the bun, and my son turned to me and said "mommy we only eat snacks for dinner; how come we don't eat real dinners anymore?"...my mouth dropped.  At first I was frustrated, but then I asked myself "Could there be some truth to what he was saying?"  Of course we all know the answer is Yes! I just haven't felt like cooking and I think it's because I have lost the creativity behind the meals.   If it was just me, then perhaps I could convince myself that it's ok, but I'm responsible for another little belly. So with those words out of my baby's mouth, I have no choice but to force myself out of this lazy cook coma.

  Possible Solution: I am going to try to incorporate some new recipies in our dinner flow in an effort to kick this laziness I have been feeling.  I want to be able to enjoy making our meals, not walk away from the kitchen like I just came off a mandatory cooking shift.  I want my son to smile when I set up his plate, not frown at the site of another night of frozen corn on the cob on the side.  I don't know if any of you have run into the same problem, but this is a my current SOS...if you know of any quick, tasty, fun meals that I can try please send me the recipe.  Hope all is good in your kitchens; I'll keep you posted on mine.

Tonight: yellow rice & peas, with baked pork chops topped with asparagus.  Sounds good huh? let's just hope I can complete the meal.  I sure wish I could afford a personal chef...LOL!

Have a great one!


PS Don't forget about our 1st IFTL "SPOIL YOURSELF PINK" FREE GIVEAWAY!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how it can feel when you've worked all day and then have to make a meal for yourself and your family. One strategy that I used was to make one or two large meals and then incorporate them in leftovers- e.g, buy a large roasted chicken then later in the week make chicken soup (just add chicken broth, pasta and some veggies) or one of my favorites- chicken pot pie (buy some pre-mix the left over chicken with some Veg-all (or mixed veggies) and one can of cream of celery soup. Just pour this into a pre-made pie crust (you can use 2. with the second covering the pie) pop it into the oven 30-45 minutes.
You can do the same thing with hamburger-meatloaf, shepard's pied, etc.

Bernie said...

Thnx Joe! That's a great tip and I love Chicken pot Pie :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...