Sunday, January 23, 2011

What Motivates You To Keep Going?


{image via}
Because life is such a grand stage, there are so many roles to be conquered; however, at times assuming these multiple roles can cause wear and tear of the mind, body and soul.  Ladies, I can tell you that there have been plenty of times where I wish I could turn back the clock to a moment before I had to assume financial responsibility.  Back in the days when all the household tasks belonged to my parents and my biggest worry was what time I was going to meet up with my friends; but those instances are far and few in between.  Life hasn’t been the easiest, but I have managed to enjoy it in so many ways. To say that I’m blessed is an understatement.  Literally, the support that I have barricaded around me helps master the everyday flow of life, but I know to some it's not as easy.  Ladies, if you are going through a period where nothing motivates you, and life in your eyes is a mere shade of grey….don’t give up, try to grasp on to the first sight of color that flashes before you.  Let that one beam of light inspire you to feel whole again.  Often times the dark outweighs the light, but as long as there is a figment of hope amongst the shadows there is a chance.  Aside from my loved ones, who are near and dear to me, I will confess that my son has been my biggest inspiration, and he is a bright green that stands out so that I can spot him anywhere.  His smile alone motivates me to leave him a legacy, even if it’s just a legacy of love. I've associated him with the color green, because when it comes to him I will always be on the go.  It is the best feeling in the world to know that I am working towards not only fulfilling my own happiness, but creating a path of happiness for my son to follow should he choose to.  Ladies, spend some time with your thoughts and outline the things that inspire you and let it design a colorful map to your life; it can serve as a guide for someone who might choose to walk in your path.  Hope you all enjoy your Sunday….I’m off to curl up with my remote and lifetime.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bernie,

I am so happy that you took the time to address the fact that there are many people that are in the dark. Even in Greek mythology the last thing left at the bottom of Pandora's box after all the evil and sorrow was let out was hope. Your blog touches upon that hope

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...