Monday, January 24, 2011

Its Monday...Need I Say More?

{image via}

Good morning Ladies! Perhaps the image I chose is a little on the dramatic side, but trust me I think it fits the bill of my morning.  The craziness of Monday tried to (ok it did) sneak up on me yet again, but thankfully, this time, I was emotionally prepared.  Two words served as my anchor this morning “Breathe Bernie!”   I didn’t realize how many times I was actually going to, but I had to use them when my son decided he wanted to wear his Halloween costume instead of regular clothes (Breathe Bernie); when I couldn’t find my keys for almost 10 mins, just to realize they were in my jacket pocket (Breathe Bernie); almost passed out running all the way to the bus stop, just to wait for a late bus driver (BREATHE BERNIE); and the cream cheese frosting to top it all off…..the hole I witnessed my son put into the knee of his jeans in less then two minutes at the bus stop, throwing himself into a pile of branches that was on someone’s lawn (INHALE BERNIE)!!  But guess what ladies? I’m still here functioning as normal as can be.  Perhaps, at first maybe my tone was sarcastic on the phone with my dad, and when I heard the sound of that tear in the jeans I could feel water stinging the back of my eyes from frustration; but hey it’s Monday right? and I already know it’s my most hectic day, right?  Eventhough at that point, where he tore the jeans, I just wanted to laugh, a high pitched laugh, out loud and scream at the top of my lungs “ok Monday hahaha you got me!!!” but thinking about all the other parents at the bus stop that would undeniably feel sorry for the little boy with the apparent questionable mom—let’s just say "Breathe Bernie"….thank God it did the trick!  Ladies, if you’re experiencing some madness this morning, or can foresee some struggles approaching in your day, just take a minute or two to breathe. Maybe going as  far as creating your own funny or emotional pass phrase may not solve the problem, but it can definitely help soothe you for the moment.  Here’s to hoping you all have a EASY Monday!





1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL AWW AT MY BOO HE'S MAKING YOU GO CRAZY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...