Saturday, January 22, 2011

Can An Organizer Make A Difference In Your Everyday Scheduling?

{image via}


Ladies, today I am tickled pink with excitement, and believe it or not I think it’s just a natural feeling stemming from the projects I attempted and accomplished this week.  What I thought was going to be the hardest part, which was my ability to commit, has proven to be unproblematic (for now at least). I can honestly say that pushing myself to look at the ways I can become more organized has helped me tremendously in my time management, because, now, I know where everything is (at least all the things I organized this week...lol).  What I didn’t see coming towards me was the need to use planner.  You would think that in this high tech, savvy computer age the access to my blackberry  would be the answer, but honestly it didn’t do the scheduling trick; for messaging and browsing—wonders—but jotting down so I won't forget not really the best.  By nature, I am a creature of habit; therefore, writing things down is what works best for me.  When I grocery shop I make a list: When I do research I’m a big highlighter and margin note taker; I make copies of just about anything I feel has importance and my desk has a life size calendar on it where I pencil everything in, so planner it is.  Thankfully, I already had a planner boxed away from 2 years ago, and it’s a compact binder refill so it’s perfect to utilize going forward.  Because of the fact that I’m doing these awesome new things, everyday life has gotten to be a little more frenzied but I know I can’t do everything over night.  What I find to be the obscurity with excitement is that it has the ability to derail you from your mission if you only focus on the high of your feelings, and not couple it with the time frame you should allow yourself to complete the task at hand.   I’m hoping that my planner will assist me in pacing myself accordingly, and keep me on track.  Optimistically, here's to hoping you all can figure out what planning/organizing method works best for you, and choose to go that route.  Enjoy your weekend ladies.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...