Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting Things Done



(image via)
Do you have a deadline lurking or approaching?  If so, make preparations to address those tasks as soon as possible; don’t let the final day creep up on you.  Procrastination is something we can all attest to giving into at some point in our lives.  Lack of interest, complexity, no margin for personal or profitable gain, laziness and even time management are a few underlying reasons, amongst the many, that we allow ourselves to fall into the realm of procrastination.  But oh the stresses that come on due to putting things off until the last minute! What really happens when we choose to put things on the back burner?  Well the biggest factor for me is the self inflicted pressure.  In my world, when a deadline is looming my anxiety level is elevated, I feel strained, I become irritable and make senseless mistakes.  I find that in rushing to complete tasks, I identify more errors than I would have had I allowed myself the proper time to finish.  Ladies, I no longer want to drag my feet, and redirect in life.  In a perfect world, each time I have a project to complete, I want to say to myself, for example, “this is due on the 3rd, let me try and get it done by the 1st.”  I don’t want the comfort of my bed, or my favorite TV show, a phone call, or even another project that has no real red flag priority to take precedence over what matters today!   So ladies lets keep walking forward towards our goal to prioritize our lives, and work towards eliminating procrastination from the flow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...