Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Spoil ME Wednesdays!


Ooohhhhh did you hear that Ladies? It's the wonderful sound of Wednesday knocking on my door, greeting me with a sweet serine melody, where the lyrics call out to me and say: "nobody's home, the bus has taken the boy to school, most of your To Do's are done, the sun is out, and a venti sized, white, hotchocolate  from starbucks is calling your name....come out, come out and enjoy your Wednesday!"  Yes Ladies, Wednesday is my day.  It's the  one day that I have chosen to escape my everyday life for a few hours.  The one day that I realize begs me to take a break.  Incase you didn't know, being the mother of a six year old (boy nonetheless) your energy can wear thin, and fast.   My Wednesday is the day where, in my world,  laundry doesn't exist, phone calls are optional and maybe, just maybe if I choose to I will acknowledge the rest of the world.  I like to think of it as a "mommy time out."   I realize that it's not as easy for everyone to do just on a whim, and this may be difficult for those of you with extreme schedules that allow little to no flexibility, but you can work on picking and incorporating a day that works for you.  Worst case scenerio, everyday is hectic, and you just can't find the time- then may I recommend a Wednesday afternoon lunch where you can just sit and people watch while enjoying a delight of your choice.   Whatever the outcome ladies, remember, try your best to make it about you!  I'm off to a mani and pedi....don't want my Wednesday to be gone before it got here.  Have a great one!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

love this i do this every other friday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...