Monday, April 11, 2011

Manic Monday: The positive Side of My Morning Madness


It’s funny, but I was thinking about some of the things I do in the morning that actual help motivate me to step out of the door on a positive note.  Monday is the most complex day of the week for me, because I suffer from what I like to call “simply don’t want the weekend to end syndrome” and the reality is Monday’s presence proves it’s over. So ladies, if you have any quirky rituals that help define your mornings, or play a role in controlling the madness….don’t feel out of place about it, we all have to do what we have to do.  

Here are a few of my Monday AM rituals to kick off the  start to my week:

  1. My love of the snooze button…yes ladies I snooze, and snooze and snooze until finally I throw myself out of bed.  When all you have to do is hit snooze and VOILA silence, and on top of that it automatically comes back on again so you don't oversleep…all I can say is LOVE IT!
  2. Finding comfort in the weather mans voice, yeah I know weird; the weather often dictates my mood, so weather on the 1’s with Jeff from News Channel 13 is a biggie
  3. Singing in the shower…nothing wrong with channeling my inner Aretha…R.E.S.P.E.C.T  or whatever song that's in my mind, that can generate smiles or even laughs
  4. Breakfast of champions (at least in my book) Raisin bran crunch cereal…does the job every time
  5. Pancake wishes and six year old kisses….my son continuously tries to bribe me with hugs and kisses for pancakes, and I love it; I’m never too smooched out.
  6. Music while we get dressed….my son loves to listen to “I’mma Be” by the Black Eyed Peas -it gives him that extra energy boost , and  in turn his energy drives me crazy which gives me a boost of adrenaline
  7. Wouldn’t be a Monday if we weren’t running (literally) to my sons bus stop, wish I could say it was for workout purposes but nope…we’re just late
 Hope you all have a great Monday, and for those of you who have that love/hate thing going on with this weekday....hope you find focus and inspiration to make it through the day!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...