Wednesday, April 2, 2014

IFTL: Mind, Body and Soul Challenge!



Ladies welcome to the IFTL 30 Day Mind, Body and Soul (MBS) Challenge! I have been contemplating doing something like this for quite sometime now, but for some reason I always managed to veer away from it.  That’s the funny thing about the mind, it constantly prompts one to have ideas about doing something, but it can’t physically force you to do it.  To be honest, I was surprised that I even wanted to facilitate a challenge, because I have never successfully completed one that I have participated in, in the past.  There have only been two that I can recall, and the irony is that I started them; only to have them finish me, both times quitting before I could ever really commit.  Both were fitness challenges.

The motivation behind launching an MBS challenge on my blog simply comes from observing everyday life.  So often we find ourselves bombarded with daily tasks, not to mention fully engaging in the other roles we’ve signed up for in life; whether it be our careers, relationships, families and friends.  Sometimes it all can just get so overwhelming.  It is my firm belief that with self-improvement we can enhance the management of our day to day lives and activities.  This challenge is unique because it allows you to reconnect with yourself.  It forces you to take time out of your busy schedule and make some choices regarding your individual being.  By far it’s not complex, but it does require focus, commitment and honesty.  This challenge will not work if you’re not open to change.  Some may find that they are happy and have no improvements to embark on, and to that I say that’s awesome! But to others revelations will be made, and with those revelations will come decisions; undoubtedly, for the better. 

Ladies, you will need a journal for this challenge.  This journal will serve as a record for your thoughts, and hopefully create a visual map towards reaffirming a few of your goals.  There is no requirement on how lengthy your entries should be, at the end of the day you are your own audience.  This is the perfect time to take this journey.  So grab a pen, and kick off this challenge with me….

Journal Entry:

Page One:
Write out your personal commitment, and what you hope will be revealed through this challenge

Page Two:
DAY 1: Create a "to do" list. What does your list consist of? Break it down into three parts:

  • What do you want?
  • What do you need?
  • What do you have to do to get things checked off?

*Be conscious of the need vs. the want and prioritize according to your means; whether it be emotionally, physically or financially.

Have a great one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...