Monday, April 14, 2014

Decide, Declutter & Organize: Day 8, 9 & 10 Combined IFTL Mind, Body & Soul Callenge



Good morning Ladies! First I want to send you my apologies… as you can see there was a break in our challenge.  I was under the weather and had to pause for a bit.  That’s one thing that I know to be true about life; it is totally unpredictable!  But as they say life goes on, and I’m back feeling better, so with that said lets play catch up!

Day 7, 8 & 9 Combined

De-clutter, Decide, and Organize!

One of the things I love the most about the coming of a new spring season is the widespread urge to initiate spring-cleaning! It never fails! We make plans to clean out our closets, our garages, our desks at work, the bedrooms, lets just say the entire house as a whole, and then somehow as time goes by we slowly begin to witness a mess again.  Often times that rebuild of mess can be seen as an early sign of Clutter! Most of us have dealt with it.  For some it’s evident in everything and for others it’s hidden in disguise.  From the car, to our handbags, unopened mail, magazines, clothes, shoes, the kids’ rooms…etc., etc. the list can go on.  How can we get a handle on clutter? More importantly, how can we stop it from reoccurring, or can that even happen???

PS-  My clutter confession:  I’m tired of losing my keys, my wallet, my phone and my lip gloss (on different occasions people) only to find it minutes or even hours later in the first place I searched for it…. MY BAG! I'm Cluttered by receipts, pens, mail, pamphlets and whatever else is in there!

Journal Entry: Do you have clutter? If you answered yes, are you ready, I mean seriously committed to doing something about it? Identify the clutter in your life.  For ex, PAPER is a huge thing for me, and also unopened mail; I keep saying I’m going to go through my bills, but the reality is I pay everything electronically, yet still my monthly statements clutter my space.

Challenge (Part 1)

Decide to let it go! Operation De-clutter!  Create a flexible spring-cleaning plan that coincides with your schedule, and allows you to free up space in your everyday areas.  Structure your plan to target one section/room of your home at a time.  You will come across many items, but you have to be willing to ask your self the following question: “DO I REALLY NEED THIS”?  There will be many decisions to make, decide what goes and what stays?  Some things may be gifted, but some will have to be discarded.

(Part 2):

Organize as you go!  Do you need a file cabinet?  A bookshelf, or a desk maybe?  How about some boxes for those pictures, or storage container for toys?

Here are a few blogs I follow for everyday organizing tips:




Have a great one!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...